Friday 11 October 2013

Weekly Journal #6

Disclaimer: I apologize if this week's blog is shorter due to an immense load and busy schedule as to prepare for the Pass it On tour that I leave for tomorrow morning! I won't be able to update my blog for 3 weeks unfortunately! We will be busy in the rural towns of Australia spreading the light!

God Time

Wow! I thought last week was intense with mission simulation! If last week was intense, then this week has been outstandingly insane! God has definitely been revealing what His vision is for me in the near and distant future. I'm starting to realize that God has already given me the gifts and tools I need to have to complete my calling. So far God has told me that 1) I need to start walking out as a leader 2) I need to develop a heart like the best worshiper of all time, David, and 3) that He wants me to start learning and seeking more into music theory! The last one is new so I'm really excited to see why God wants me to become more knowledgeable in music theory! I ask you pray for me that I have revelation and God reveals why he wants to sharpen my mind in this area!

Filling the Gap

Hmm, this has been a difficult one this week. We had Hannah Lenz speak on worship earlier this week and she touched on the topic of corporate worship. She brought up that in corporate worship, we are to edify and prophesy over one another and to worship corporately. She raised the problem a lot of us face though. If you hear a word from God, you have to ask, "Is it for me? Someone else? When am I supposed to tell them? AM I supposed to tell them or just intercede?" I have been interceding this week for the YWAM family that they have that discretion and understanding that Joseph lacked. Joseph may have heard God correctly and may have been chosen by God but without discretion, his prophesy brought negativity and destruction to his family.

Additionally, if any of you want to intercede for me or my school this week I would be so thankful if you could pray for us on the Pass it On tour! We need prayer more than anything. We need to bring the light to the dark parts of Australia and your prayers are our fuel. No prayer is unheard and I am already thankful for what God is going to break through these next three weeks on the road.

Listening to God

If any of you are wondering, I am still continuing with my memorization of the psalms. As of this week, I have 1-7 memorized and God has already spoken through all of them so much. I now understand the full impact of knowing God's word! Not just reading it or skimming it but actually KNOWING it. It's like if you want to paint a picture to God, you have a blank canvas and a couple colors at the start. Over time, with discipline, you can start to add in more pencils, more shading, more dimensions just by enhancing your knowledge of the word and the tools to use to communicate with God! Just as my English gets better by speaking it, my language to God gets stronger as I continue to know what He's said. And when He speaks is it powerful!

Life Application

Well it's 11:53 PM on Friday night, eleventh of October and I have never expected myself to be where I am at right now. Outside, sitting on the stone next to the clothes hanging on the line, gazing at the stars while conversation of trivial and theological things take place behind me, writing a blog to family and friends that have always believed in me. I AM BLESSED! My outreach team went to a youth group this evening to fellowship and worship with middle schoolers and high schoolers! How cool is that? To share life with a couple of beautifully created Aussie teenagers! I just never imagined that my life would be here. I am so thankful and overwhelmed by the gratitude I have for all of those who believed in me and have supported me through all of this. Thank you

Once Again! I apologize if I don't update my blog in a while! I will be on the road for a prolonged duration and won't have access to internet where I'm going. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment