Monday 16 September 2013

Weekly Journal #3

God Time

This whole week has been good. We had a lot going on but it was just enough to keep me busy without pushing me to stress. Our lectures this week were split between hearing the voice of God and personal intercession. It was good to have the two subjects paired together because you could see how the two correlate and support each other individually.

In my personal time with God this week I've been working on trying to just enjoy being in the presence of God without having to feel like I need to speak. Sometimes just having someone else in a room with you without a word being spoken can grow a relationship. Now that I've been slowly hearing and understanding God's voice, I've become more content to just sit in silence and enjoy his presence. If I can't hear anything, that's fine with me, I'll just enjoy my time with Him until I can start to hear.

Filling the Gap

This past week I've been constantly praying for my outreach team. I have had no idea who was on my team but God has kept them on my heart to intercede and pray for. I've been praying for my team to be constantly praying for determination, vigilance and direction. Tonight was the night when the big reveal came as well!

For those who don't know yet, I am in a group of six headed for Malaysia and Indonesia for close to two months to evangelize and outreach in the communities. It was very exciting to reveal who was going in each group and I believe God has handpicked us individually to be the best possible team for this location. I'm beyond blessed to spend my outreach with these amazing people and I will continue to pray for my team.

Listening to God

During our community intercession this week, the group I was in was convinced we should pray for the Pass It On Tour. If you don't know what that is, Here it is! Basically, we are going to be going through small rural communities and spreading the gospel to all we encounter! We're going to be generating a wake of light.

God was telling the group an encouraging word that effects of our work are going to be lasting. That what we do on the Pass it On tour is going to make a lasting impact in multiple communities. I only pray that I am clean and worthy enough to be used as an instrument to conduct God's flowing glory through the countryside these coming weeks! I'm excited on a natural level but I'm ecstatic on a supernatural level!

Life Application

God has been teaching me this week that he isn't always tangible in the way we'd like to think he is. How weird would a relationship be if we required our friend to only speak to us in a specific way at a specific time in a specific place. When your friend speaks, they speak and you listen. Our problem is the listening part. God is always trying to speak to us but our job is only to listen and we can't even do that right! Now that I'm learning to shut up and listen, I can actually start to hear God! How strange that if you stop talking, the other person can actually speak! I'm excited for what He has to tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment