Thursday 26 September 2013

Weekly Journal #4

God Time

Our school went on a road trip this week! We went to Rainbow Beach and spent time on the beach, on the dunes and in the shops. It was a great time to experience God through his awesome creation. And it was just that...AWESOME. I was in awe of what he has created! At night, the stars were illuminated the tide and graced the sky. The Milky Way was clearly visible as it stretched across the sky to the horizon. Watching the stars while lying on the beach as the tide was rolling in was a once in a lifetime experience. But on the opposite side of the experience were the extremely dry and vast sand dunes. The sand was so hot that it was almost too hot to step on! There was a location where we spent time sledding down the dunes like I would back home in the snow. The sand flowed like water down the hill as it cascaded like a waterfall.

God has definitely shown me he is an awesome creator this week! I'm excited for what else he has to show me in these upcoming weeks with his creation!

Psalm 19: The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.

Filling the Gap

While at the beach this week and being constantly and involuntarily intertwined with the family workings of the campers around us, God has reached into my heart to keep the families of Australia in prayer.Families that don't have Jesus to lean on in times of trouble have a much harder time trying to deal with the problems that every family can deal with. Whether it is personal intercession for the families that don't know Jesus or personally being a light and keeping a positive conversation with them going throughout the week, I have had a distinct heart for the families.

Listening to God

I recently have adopted a method of listening to God by keeping a journal of when he speaks. This past week he spoke to me and told me that he would never help me push.

Let me explain...

God told me that I've always lowered myself so that I can lift others up. So that I can push others closer to Him. But what He wants from me is that I remain in Him and that I lift others up to where I am. God will always help me pull but he will never help me push. It was a very big revelation that He revealed to me. Although it may sound small or not very important, this very aspect could change my entire relationship with God and how I perceive myself and others through Christ.

Life Application

I plan to bring everything that I've learned this week back home with me. To witness God's creation and to listen to the voice of all that He has created proclaiming the creativity and the glory of the creator. I really want to take more time out of my life to put myself in places and situations where I can experience the glory of the creator through the creation! How amazing an experience to have the stars singing as a chorus of lights and the moon as an ensemble of luminescence!

No comments:

Post a Comment